The Tefal A157S546 Essential Cookware Set is a 5-piece set of aluminium saucepans and frying pans. Tefal are famous for their non-stick cookware, and this set uses the non-stick material PTFE to stop food getting stuck to the pans. This set should provide all the pans you’ll need in a small kitchen, hence the name ‘Essential’. It consists of:
- 1 x 16 cm saucepan and lid
- 1 x 18 cm saucepan and lid
- 1 x 20 cm saucepan and lid
- 1 x 20 cm frying pan
- 1 x 24 cm frying pan
The cookware in the Tefal Essential Set comes with some fairly advanced features that you wouldn’t get in a cheaper set.
- All items are coated in PTFE, a non-stick material. This makes them easier to clean as you won’t get tough bits of food stuck to them.
- Uses Durabase technology, which helps efficiently distribute heat across the base of the pan.
- Uses Thermo-spot technology to help you know how hot the pan is. The pan has a circle on it which goes red when the whole pan has warmed up. This is very useful for knowing when to start frying eggs, for example.
- Ergonomically designed handles are made from Bakelite, so they won’t burn when exposed to a high heat.
- Oven-safe for up to an hour on Gas mark 4 / 175 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Saucepans have glass lids so you can see how your food is cooking without having to take the lid off.
This long list of features reflects Tefal’s focus on researching and developing new technologies for improving the cooking experience. In our experience, these pans deliver on their promise of being truly ‘non-stick’.
- Tefal are famous for their non-stick technology, so you can expect this to be reliable.
- Ergonomic handles are comfy and easy to hold, giving you control over the pan without risking burning yourself.
- Oven safe (at lower temperatures), so you can finish dishes off in the oven.
- Thermo-spot technology lets you know when the pan has heated up, so you can know exactly when to start searing meat or frying eggs.
- Non-stick material doesn’t leak into food
- Light and easy to maneuver
- Tefal is a well known and reputable brand.
- Easy to clean with a damp or dry cloth
- Quick to heat up, and the temperature is evenly distributed
- These pans aren’t suitable for induction hobs
- Pans don’t have drainage holes
The Tefal A157S546 Essential Cookware Set is a great choice for a first home or someone who is just starting cooking. These pans offer very good quality for the price, and should save you a lot of time and hassle from not having to scrub tough foodstuffs from your pans.
Please be aware, these pans aren’t suitable for induction cooking.